Friday, January 7, 2011

Trying to Find My Own Voice

To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard. ~ Allen Ginsberg 

It's time for me to just write, write, write.... who cares who reads, right?!

Well, I still care who reads.  And I care how I come across to others.  But at the same time I feel paralyzed sometimes, waiting for that perfect moment or perfect situation to describe.  Tonight I sit on my balcony looking out on the canal leading out to Old Tampa Bay - knowing how very many opportunities I've let go by without even trying to find my own voice.  The perfect moment in our minds often is always in the future.  How many "perfect moments do we disregard by not taking advantage of the perfect moment that really already is at hand?

I fear I have let many opportunities slip by.  So may blessings have befallen me and I've been numb to that own special voice rising up within me.  No more!  It's time to set things in motion again and start talking about this daily joy that is to be found.  Thanks to my Hubby who has given me some special tools to help me be more productive on the go too.  I am so blessed!

If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. ~ Charlie Parker (Two and a Half Men)

No comments:

Post a Comment