Sunday, January 9, 2011

Have You Ever Stopped to Think...

... and forget to start again?  Or so, the funny saying goes.

Operations of thought are like cavalry charges in a battle -- they are strictly limited in number, they require fresh horses, and must only be made at decisive moments. ~ Whitehead 


Well, I made it through the first week back in the office after the holidays somehow.  This weekend has been a good time to pause and reflect on things.  Life passes so quickly and if we're not careful, it's easy to let life pass us by altogether.  So, as I enjoy the last bit of our wonderful weekend which has been quite enjoyable, I'm conserving my energy and beginning to rally the troops (in my head) to secure those fresh horses.  Like the New Year, tomorrow is another day and a new week to make things happen. There are challenges ahead and I'm thankful to God above for giving me the gumption to try and rise to the task.   As I think Teddy Roosevelt once said in his Rough-Riders days... "CHARGE!!!!"

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment