Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Life-long Obsession With Water

I believe I have had a life-long obsession with water.  From the babbling rivers and streams of the Appalachian mountains and the tranquil lakes of Minnesota I knew growing up, to the beautiful Gulf Coast shores of Western Central Florida I enjoy so much today as an adult -- it's no small wonder that water brings me such joy.
Air moves us; Fire transforms us; Water shapes us; Earth heals us. ~ Wiccan 
Clearwater Beach, Florida and another amazing sunset
Today Hubby and I spent some time at the beach at our favorite hangout at the Sandpearl Resort in Clearwater.  It's become our favorite Sunday thing-to-do... church-time at our Chapel by the Sea, and then time at the beach after service.  We've missed our usual routine the past few weeks, so today was nice to get back in our normal swing.

Sitting there today, soaking up the sunshine, made me think about how much I LOVE being close to water.  It had to have started from the time I was a toddler.  My mom loves to tell me the story of any time I'd get so excited when we'd pass a river or lake on our travels... "Mom, look at the waaaa-ttteeeee!!!!!!"  I just couldn't seem to be distracted from my fascination from whatever body of water we just passed.  And then there were my daydreams I'd fancy to myself when we'd rent the beach house in Emerald Isle, NC with the family each year... full of romantic moonlight strolls down the beach with my man...  What a wonderful realization that my best day-dreams are now a reality in the loving relationship I share with my husband.  I'm such a lucky, lucky girl!

But it has made me think even more about my fascination with water.  It is one of the classic elements.  Does "water" fit me though?  I'd say as I read more, that's a resounding "YES".. it sure explains a lot about me! Ironically, I took one of those crazy online tests and found my "classic element" was indeed "water"... Hubby's element was "earth", so no wonder we LOVE being close to the beach!

So find out what your classic element is -- wind, earth, water or fire?

No comments:

Post a Comment