Saturday, October 30, 2010

Time to Stop Procrastinating

This is a first for me... starting my own blog.  I've been following a ton of blogs and reading many books, articles, and the likes.  I've aspired to be a writer myself for my whole life it seems, but I never seem to be able to get myself started.  My perfectionist tendencies make me want to review as much of others' work as possible to get a feel for what reads well and is memorable.  At the end of the day though, perhaps it is my own fear of feedback and letting people down that is keeping me from taking the first step in finding my own voice.  Enough time spent waiting.  It's time for me to get past the procrastination and just get started.  No more excuses of not knowing the technology and needing to research more ideas... it's time to start writing and practice the craft.

So, this begins my blog... a place where I will push myself to write regularly.  Topics will be random, but the theme consistent.  Abundant joy can be found in this life and one doesn't even have to look very hard for it.  Much like getting over my fear of putting myself out there, you just need to start from wherever you are.

So, what are your best tips and tricks for getting past those pesky procrastinating moments?

No comments:

Post a Comment